By registering with the Data Bank, you certify your organization’s eligibility to submit queries and/or reports. Some health care organizations, such as hospitals, are required to register with the Data Bank in order to carry out their mandatory querying and reporting responsibilities. For more information on the specific eligibility requirements for registering with the Data Bank, see Who Can Access the Data Bank.
To Register your Organization
To register with the Data Bank follow these steps:
- On the Data Bank home page, click Register.
- Click the Register as an Organization link.
- Read and acknowledge the Rules of Behavior.
- The Entity Registration page appears.
- On the Entity Registration page, complete all applicable fields. Click the Help button if you need more information about completing the registration form.
- When you complete the Certification section, click Continue.
- On the User Account Information page, fill in the requested information on this page and click Continue.
- On the Print Registration page, carefully read the steps and click Registration Form. Print two copies of your form. Your new Data Bank Identification Number (DBID) is found on this form.
- Return to the Print Registration page and click Continue.
- Sign and date one copy of the Entity Registration form and mail it to the specified address; keep the other copy for your personal records.Note: The signed Entity Registration form must be received within 6 months of completion or it cannot be processed. Please do not enclose pre-paid, self-addressed envelopes for overnight return mail delivery. If received, these envelopes will be returned to you unused.
- You will receive an email that confirms your registration once your signed Entity Registration form has been processed.
If you are already registered, your Data Bank Administrator can sign in to the Data Bank and update your registration and your health care organization information via the Update Registration Profile tool on the Administrator Options page. See How to Renew Registration for more information.