One of the most challenging parts of converting to a Paleo Diet is coming up with paleo lunch ideas. Particularly for children as their peer pressure can be overwhelming. I hope that the following ideas will assist you in creating healthy and delicious meals for you and your family.
- 3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 450g can of tuna or salmon
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2 eggs
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Using 1 tablespoon of the melted butter or oil, grease a 12-cup muffin tray. Combine all ingredients. Spoon into the muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes. Easy and the kids love them – even cold! Adapted from www.nomnompaleo.com.
More Paleo Lunch Ideas
- 500g minced pork or chicken
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil for cooking
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Use you hands to form small patties. Melt the butter or oil in a large frypan over a medium heat and heat until cooked through and golden brown. Ideally you can make these the day before and serve in a lettuce bowl with grated carrot – kids love these.
For more paleo recipes, click on this link here to purchase this paleo cookbook. (I am an affiliate so I may get a commission).